Please view all of our adoptable dogs below.
Adopt a Dog
Are you ready to find your furry mate? When you adopt a pet from Dorchester Paws you are saving a life and becoming part of their journey from victim to victory.
Each dog prior to being placed on our adoption floor has been spayed or neutered, are up to date on their vaccinations, up to date on their monthly flea/intestinal parasite medication, are heartworm tested, on heartworm prevention and are microchipped.
READY TO ADOPT?
Are you RUFF-ready? Then follow these quick and easy steps:
- Prior to your visit, we recommend that you fill out the online adoption application.
- Please note, that by filling out the below application, it does not place the animal on hold/reserve for you. You must still come in person to meet the animal and speak to our adoption counselors about adopting the animal. By filling the application out, it just reduces time during the adoption process.
- To fill out the application, please click here.
- If you rent your home, please check with your landlord before coming to Dorchester Paws to make sure you are familiar with their pet policies.
- Come down to Dorchester Paws, any day, Sunday – Saturday, between the hours of 12-5p.m. No appointment is needed.
- You will have the chance to sit in a play yard or meet and greet pen with your future best friend. We recommend that you bring the whole family or those that you live with, so everyone can meet them!
- If you have a dog at home it is important to bring your pet to meet the new dog. We just ask that you leave them in the car, upon arrival. Please check in with an adoption counselor in our front lobby first, prior to bringing them inside. We appreciate your understanding, as we have a small lobby and often times have other dogs or cats in there.
- You may bring your own leash and collar or purchase one at the shelter for a nominal charge. All dogs must leave on a leash.
WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH THE DOG PRIOR TO ADOPTING?
Sure! The dogs would love that too! Here are a few ways, to do that!
- Foster to Adopt*
- This program allows you to foster the dog for up to a week, to ensure it’s the right fit for you. Just come and talk to our adoption counselors. This excludes puppies.
- Doggie Date*
- Come down any day, 12-5p.m. to take a dog for a pup cup, an outing or around town! If you are interested in an overnight date, those can also be arranged. Please talk to our adoption counselors to get set up. This excludes puppies.
- Come down any day, 12-5p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in giving a dog a shelter break as well as seeing if it’s the right fit for you.
*Some exclusions may apply.