Dorchester Paws is the only animal shelter in Dorchester County, taking in every abandoned, abused and neglected dog and cat brought to our doors. But we are working in an outdated, inefficient and crumbling building.
The animals deserve better. They need YOUR help.
The current shelter facility was built in 1972 and Dorchester Paws has outgrown the shelter capacity.
- Each year, the number of animals admitted increases, yet the shelter continues to operate in the same facility.
- Nearly 4,000 animals come to Dorchester Paws annually.
- Every time there is major rainfall, hundreds of animals must be evacuated as the shelter floods.
- Animals are constantly in pop-up kennels due to limited space.
YOU can make a difference for homeless pets in Dorchester County.
A new facility will provide:
- A PUBLIC spay and neuter clinic.
- The ability to better care for the animals rather than focus on facility maintenance.
- Larger and enhanced lobbies to better serve the public.
- Improved behavior modification and training facilities.