Dorchester Paws is a partner in the “No Kill South Carolina Coalition.” We are determined to end unnecessary euthanasia in Dorchester County by 2019. Since the beginning of 2017, we have made significant improvements to our shelter and quality of care we provide to the animals. Our euthanasia rate has been steadily reduced and we have not euthanized for time, space or money since January 2017. We are committed to making our live release rate meet the national average.
We are committed to
- Ending unnecessary euthanasia and giving every animal a chance
- Combating overpopulation by encouraging spaying and neutering
- Championing responsible pet ownership through public education
- Feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless and protecting the abused
- Reuniting lost pets with their families and finding homes for strays
All of our animals are vaccinated, microchipped and spayed or neutered before they are adopted to loving forever homes.