Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Chip-O de Mayo

May 5 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Come to Dorchester Paws on May 5 from 1-4 pm to get your pet microchipped for $25! Receive a free jar of salsa and the peace of mind that if your pet becomes lost, you’ll be able to be easily contacted.

What is a microchip?

A microchip is a permanent animal identification system that takes seconds to administer. It is the size of a grain of rice and is injected under the pet’s skin between the shoulder blades. Each chip has a unique number that is registered with a national database along with the pet owner’s address and phone number. The microchip can be read by scanners that are currently used by most animal organizations and veterinary clinics. The microchip is NOT a GPS tracking device.

Why should my pet get a microchip?

To ensure the safety of your pet, we highly suggest you microchip them. An implanted microchip gives you the peace of mind that should your beloved pet become lost, they are returned quickly and safely to your home. At some point in its life, 1 in 3 pets will go missing. Without an ID, there’s only a 10% chance the pet will get home. With a microchip, those rates go up to 52% for dogs and 38% for cats, according to a study by the American Veterinary Medical Association. A simple microchip can be a life-saving gift for the animal that receives it.

How old does my pet have to be to get a microchip?

Pets must be at least 8 weeks old to receive a microchip.

What happens after my pet is microchipped?

After your pet has been microchipped, you should receive a confirmation email from 24PetWatch verifying all of your information. Please make sure you review the information attached to your animal’s microchip registration. If you ever move or change any of your information, such as your phone number, please contact the microchip company immediately to update your animal’s registration. Often, animals come into Dorchester Paws with a microchip, but with outdated contact information, prohibiting the animal’s safe return home.

Details

Date:
May 5
Time:
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Event Category:

Venue

Dorchester Paws
136 Four Paws Lane
Summerville, SC 29483 United States
+ Google Map